Saturday, July 19, 2014

Another test

After about three hours of tussling with various video ripping freeware, I think I may have succeeded in capturing a few test videos from the vault.

Bear in mind that these were initially recorded onto a mini tape, converted to VHS tape, played quite a few times, then ripped onto DVD.  And now ripped off the DVD in little grabs. And then loading into Youtube (my first ever) - another way to lose resolution, if there was anything there in the first place.

I thought I would start by showing the photo of the train in question - it is 44240 leading 44226 (I think) and 4497 (I think - it could be 4495) through Gloucester on 11 February 1993.


 And now, if you click this link, you should be able to see the train run past.... 

Track 2
 
Given this has taken me nearly 4 hours I am not sure that Rail Rambler will be a regular video blog, but it does give a few options to show just how noisy and decrepit trains were in past decades.

No comments:

Post a Comment