Sunday, March 7, 2021

Up the Creek

Hi all, I am still around!

Promise to get back into things as the weather turns colder, especially if Souths start losing a few.

I have coincidentally come across a real live reader of this blog - sorry if I sound surprised  but my main readership appears to come from regions of the former Soviet Union.

This 'live' reader mentioned he most enjoyed the stuff from up north so, Brendan, these are for you mate!

The back story here is that around 1982 (could have been earlier) Dad shot off for a few days with two mates.  When they got to Werris Creek they asked permission to photograph the locos.  They were given the okay to do so as long as they didn't move any of the locos around.. Turns out a group of visiting photographers several weeks earlier have 're-positioned' the locos to enhance their photographs.  Cheeky buggers!






Cheers,

Don

4 comments:

  1. There’s plenty of us ‘live’ readers around Don! Happy to see you are still posting some great shots, all the best,
    Geoff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Don! Great to have another insight into this era, especially seeing a record of all those units together at the creek. That is indeed cheeky moving locos about!

    Also, I thought you might find it amusing that in order to respond to this post, I had to create an account. This has prompted me to create my own blog that will be soon set up detailing some of my own modelling efforts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brenden, it was all part of my devious plan to get you blogging! It wasn't actually, but I am looking forward to seeing your efforts! Cheers,
      Don

      Delete
  3. I'm definitely a real life reader and definitely don't come from any of the former soviet union countries. Really enjoy your blog and your photos!

    ReplyDelete