Friday, March 6, 2015

Cumnock: Then and Now

This quick post is just to upload a few shots of Cumnock from 1985, 1988 and last year. Trains were running through Cumnock until 1989 or thereabouts, though the yard appears to have been 'straight-railed' some time prior to then.  I am principally blogging these shots in case it helps Mr Phil C, who has asked a couple of questions about this location on the Aus Model Rail chat group. Hope these help Phil!

These two are from October 1985...









I popped back through there a couple of years later.  This trip was notable for the 'cappuccino' I purchased at a little place on the road through Cumnock.  After handing over my cash the 'barista' boiled the jug, distilled a tea spoon of instant coffee into a Styrofoam cup and then topped it off with a bit of dairy whip. Cosmopolitan, but not undrinkable.




It took me a while to get over that experience - until last year, actually.  I took the rain there.



Ciao for now. Promise to return with still photos of moving trains!
Don





No comments:

Post a Comment