Friday, June 8, 2018

Southern sojourn, 1957 style

Who doesn't love a Victorian holiday? I know I love the opportunity to go somewhere where you can talk footy 24 hours a day and not appear deranged, and to drink beer from ridiculously small glasses. And to photograph at manly, ferocious-looking locomotives.

In this blog posting it seems I can confirm our Mr Brady also enjoyed a trip to Victoria.  He took one in May 1957, covering Melbourne, Ballarat and Maryborough. As you readers know as much or more of those parts as I do, I won't attempt extensive captions... just sit back and scroll to your delight!

Two of L1162 ...

Steam power!!! 
 





And what I am guessing is a near new B class?


And to finish up - a pretty self-explanatory situation involving a tram and a large block of cheese.
 

Cheers!
Don











No comments:

Post a Comment